2 Day Tour to Solovki from Petrozavodsk!
Departure: 11:45 pm
Duration: 3 days/2 nights
11:45 pm – Group meeting at Petrozavodsk railway station;
Departure from Petrozavodsk to Belomorsk.
07:00 am Arrival in Belomorsk at the pier;
• Onboarding. Onboard breakfast. Voyage to Solovki Islands (about 5 hrs).
Important: The White Sea is part of the Arctic Ocean, so even in summer it is better to wear warm hats and other warm clothes!
• Voyage on the three-deck sea ship Sapphire in the White Sea to Solovki. You will pass through the 19th lock of the White Sea-Baltic Canal, admire the picturesque islands, contemplate sea ducks and Arctic terns, and if you are lucky – White Sea seals and Beluga whales;
• Tour around Bolshoy Solovetsky Island, exploring its history, architecture and nature;
• Walking along the picturesque shore of the White Sea to the cape of labyrinths with the "dancing" birches and labyrinths – spiral stone structures dating back to the prehistoric civilizations;
• Visiting the central complex of the monastery on your own, exploring the functioning temples, monastery shop and refectory;
• Accommodation in Solovki Hotel;
• Breakfast. Check-out;
One free tour of your choice (when you book the tour):
• Voyage to Bolshoy Zayatsky Island (3 hrs, ₽950/person). Tour around Russia's first stone harbor, St. Andrew's skete and the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle, as well as the largest pagan sanctuary –unique stone labyrinths, a group of religious and burial structures.
• Bus and walking tour to Mount Sekirnaya. Holy Ascension skete, the botanical garden & Macarius desert (3 hrs, ₽1,000/person). Visiting Russia's northernmost botanical garden with a tour around the prior's summerhouse, Alexander Chapel and the memorial cross.
• Tour: Lakes and Canals in Solovki (5-6 hrs, ₽700/person). Boat trip along the lakes and canals, inner lakes. Overview of hydraulic structures of the monastery (canals, locks, piers, dams), Prosperity Bay and the ancient monastery road. Boat navigation on your own.
07:00 pm Onboarding. Voyage in the White Sea: Solovki-Belomorsk;
11:00 pm Return to Belomorsk
• Night transfer to Petrozavodsk;
05.00 am Arrival in Petrozavodsk
Tour price (double room):
Solovki Hotel: ₽13,600/person (extra charge for single accommodation: ₽2,500).
Inclusive: travel by bus and ship, double room accommodation, meals according to the program (2 breakfasts), tour program
travel by bus and ship, double room accommodation, meals according to the program (2 breakfasts), tour program